Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Changes

March 21, 2011

I have a new companion, its like I am living a different life now. I am almost always happy, I love what I Am doing even more, and I am not as tired in the morning! Its such a relief. My new companion would be one of my good friends back home. He is so funny and fun to be around and forgiving and humble. It really is like a whole other mission! He has only been out 3 months though, so I am in charge!! Weird huh? I guess the consulate LIED about my VISA coming at the first of April.. Oh well, my Portuguese is suprisingly good because this Brazilian lady (I have told you about her before) calls me everyday just to practice. She is so nice!! She's one that we have to visit for sure, probably top on the list. She has helped me out a ton. Her name is ***. Her little kid *** speaks fluent portuguese, spanish, and english, and he is 12!
So yea I am in my new apartment. It is ridicuously nice and in a much nicer neighborhood. I also live with another set of missionaries. The are spanish speaking, so we talk in spanish a lot. They are both way cool guys too. It is so fun living with other people, I actually get to talk!
One downfall to our new place is that it is in the very bottom of our area. We have to drive a ton. I'd say we drive like 2 hours a day. But its ok, I am still much happier. We are just costing the church a bunch of money on gas! Every mission should be a walking mission, you get to talk to so many more people! Another downfall is that most of my mail still gets delivered to the old mailbox, which is on the opposite side of the world. But no one lives in our old place, so I go to check it every once and a while. I also miss being in the ghetto. It is mainly ran by a Vietnamese gang. I have learned how to do a very basic contact in Vietnamese!! Its a tonal language, and sounds ridiculous, but they actually understand me! I can't understand what they say back though. The other day I contacted someone in English, someone in Spanish, someone in Portuguese, and someone in Vietnamese! quadlingual missionary.
I do miss talking sports with Kit. But our mission ward leader, *** (great great great grandson of Parley P) loves sports and knows that I do too so he keeps me updated. BYU is playing Florida in New Orleans tomorrow I think. He says he wishes I could go with him. Obviously, I can't haha.
So tomorrow is the first time I am going to have the opportunity to visit ***. He is the huge black guy I told you about last week that I helped move into his new house. He is a professional cook, so I think its gonna be a good night. But he is so outrageous. Like I said, he is like a guy in one of those movies whose behavior is so ridiculous that you think that the director overdid it. He reminds me of the guy in Beverly Hills Ninja that laughs so hard that he falls over dead. You know the scene when Chris Farley is trying to get the bill plates or someting? Go watch it and you'll see.
That's all I have for this week. The only thing that is bugging me is that I haven't heard from Fitts and that my VISA isn't here yet!! I am going to be out 6 months in like 3 weeks! Whats goin on!! A kid in my MTC district who filled out his online thing 2 days before me got his VISA 2 weeks ago!! I'm sure it will either come this week or get denied. It has to, its been like 8 months since I applied.
Anyways I love you and I miss you. Can't wait to call.
Love, Alex

ANOTHER LETTER THIS WEEK:

Thanks for fasting. I really hope it comes this week. My Portuguese is going to suffer now that Elder Alencar is gone. I have heard about that guy that cut off his arm. Thats pretty intense. So you start the new job this week eh? I hope it goes well, Mom seems to think that you are pretty calm about the whole thing. That is comforting to know that you felt a solid conformation. I thought the same thing about the Second Coming but the people here like to believe the most ridiculous thing that they hear so all I ever hear is that the world is coming to an end, so it gets to me sometimes. Thanks for the advice, I am going to read my blessing when I get to the apartment. Good luck with the job, I know you will do well. I try everyday to live in daytight compartments. My new companion is the best!!!! He is athletic, loves to ski, blew up stuff in high school, and actually saw our manhole incident on the news and tried it out himself! not saying that is a good thing, cuz its not. The point is that we get a long really really well. It is like a different life now. I am now kinda nervous to get my VISA for fear that my companion in Brazil will be like my old one! But I'd still rather go.
I gotta run, but I love you and thanks for the advice. Don't forget to write!!
I love you,
Alex "Eldeh Bay-keh" (thats how Brazilians say it)

No comments:

Post a Comment