Saturday, March 12, 2011

Smush

February 21, 2011

So last wednesday was the first day that I can remember on my mission so far that I have been ridicuously tired throughout the whole day. I just wanted to sleep all day soo bad! I wish sometimes we actually had a full day to "prepare" instead of until 6. I call it "Preparation Time." But its true! We go out and tract at 6 on P days! But it doesn't really matter, I'll get over it.

The other day we decided to try Vietnamese food because we are basically 1/2 in the set of "Boyz N Da Hood" and 1/2 in Vietnam. I can say basic things in Vietnamese! But we went to the most ghetto place we could find (for some reason I thought that the ghettoness would verify the authenticity) and ate there. I ordered the weirdest thing I could find. Some kind of clear soup, with pig feet, jellyfish, and squid vertabrae. It was shockingly very good! It was called Dauangs. or somethin. But it was so strange to eat.

So I am teaching a guy that loves all my favorite bands. It kinda sucks cuz I want to show him all these great other bands that I know he will love but I can't. But he said he is gonna make me a CD so I will pack it up and wait until I get home to see if he actually has good taste! But he is scheduled to be baptized in a couple weeks. Hopefully it'll go down. But I baptized someone!! His name is Darrell Jackson. he actually chose me to do the baptism, so my first baptism was literally my first baptism! It was a special experience for him. The Lord really prepared him to receive the message. So he usually wears like jeans and a t shirt to church, but yesterday, a day after his baptism, he showed up wearing a huge mega vebrant red suit. It was ridiculous. No one could look at the speaker because he sat towards the front and you couldn't not be distracted by the bright red. So he was feelin good about himself. Get that picture website up, these pictures are classic!

I think the East High newletter is done? Maybe you could send it to me?

So I created this recipe that I call "smush." It is actually really good, I could prabably make a fortune selling it. It consists of rice, ham, eggs, carrots, sugar pea pods, and red beans. It is good. I will have to make it for you when I get back.

I think you probably remember the lady I tell you about who is married to the guy that would be best friends with dad? Her name is Iris. I called her up because I ripped my suit jumping. She said she would gladly fix it. We went over there and she had a huge meal prepared too! It was funny though cuz we could'nt say no. But my companion was fasting!! Haha so he sat there while we all ate delicious food. I felt kind bad. But this couple is so crazy. They are both above 85 years old and they act like newly weds! They are going to Jerusalem in the summer, and they have been on every continent! Including Antarctica!! They have been close to my mission in Brazil, and they say its amazing. I really really hope my VISA comes this week. I am getting frustrated with the Portuguese. It feels like I cant learn any more until I get down there. But, hopefully it'll be this week.

I was informed yesterday that we are going to have to move. I don't know if its because the area is too dangerous or what, but we are going to move as soon as we can find a place. So that kinda sucks, I don't want my mail to get lost. But send it anyways, I don't think we'll find a place anytime soon.

I have run into a ton of people who want to basically kill me this past week. People who only want to Bible bash, and who hate Mormons. It is hard to keep up with them because they are so stupid and contentious. I just have learned to walk away. But everyone knows the Bible to death! I feel like I know nothing when I talk to them! But its ok, I am still doing fairly well. But I wish I knew Hebrew and Greek, because they all argue that the Bible isn't true unless its in the original language. Many people speak fluent Hebrew and Greek here, its weird. But thats all I have for this week, I will write you a letter if I actually find a place to move. Otherwise, just assume I am still on Bard ave.

I love you so much and I hope I get to talk to you soon! (Cmon VISA)

Love you Dad, thanks for the letter! KEEP THEM UP!!

Miss you so much,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment