Monday, November 7, 2011

October 11, 2011


Hello family:

Mom, don´t send the package yet, they are still on strike.

This week was good, I worked normally. I am still in Imbituba. I live with my comp M. Santos and 2 elders that I already told you about. They are good guys. But yea, this week was good. We visited a bunch of people; cut a lot of people, and found some new people to teach.

We had a really cool experience at this family´s house. They are a family of 3 sisters and they had one sister die a few years ago. We taught the first lesson, and afterward one of them started telling us about this dream she had. She said that she dreamed (THE night before) that she and her dead sister were standing next to a really pretty pool of water. She said that in the dream, she jumped in, went fully underwater, and came up and got out on the other side. She said she had a really good feeling of cleanliness when she got out of the water. She then called to her sister to jump into the water. But, for some reason, because she had already died, she was not able to jump into the water alone. Then she woke up. We both realized that she described baptisms for the dead!! We told her what her dream meant and taught about temples and about baptisms for the dead. She loved it and cried and wants to be baptized now to be able to enter the temple to baptize her sister and her parents. For some odd reason, 2 of the sisters didn´t fell the spirit and don´t yet want to be baptized. But it was cool nonetheless.

The group here is a sad sight. The president of the group doesn´t really care, and there are about 25-30 people in attendance at sacrament meeting. It is so weak!! I never imagined that there were groups that existed like this. But, here I am. This area is so windy its weird. This area covers 5 cities so we walk a whole lot. I think I will be leaving here pretty soon to go to another area. But I am still waiting on that freaking package with garments. Its tough to live just with 4 pair. Especially without a dryer!! Stupid mail service. And now the banks went into strike for some reason. They made banners of people being tortured and glued them to the windows of all the banks. Its weird.

There´s really not much else. I hear Jason Sperry got back from his mission. That´s weird!! I hope that the ski season isn´t that great this year so I don´t have to feel so homesick again. OF COURSE last year was the best year in centuries. But it is turning into summer here, and its really hot. I hope you put sunscreen into the package ma. I need it already. I am going to go with my comp to the orthodontist just to see what I would need and how long and how much it would be. I´ll let yo know.
Also, can I buy an external hard drive? I found 1 terabyte for 190 reais. Which is unfillable and pretty cheap. Since we are pretty close to paraguay, where all the factories are, things are pretty cheap. My mission prez is crackin down on everything its crazy. He is beginning to be like my first president, which isn´t a bad thing.

I have been out MORE than a year now!! Cool huh?


Thats all for this week, it was just a bunch of contacts and cutting people basically.

Love Elder Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment