Monday, November 7, 2011

October 24, 2011

Alright,

primeiramente, I will answer the questions
1-I have the Christmas tree. I will use it!!
2-I don´t think I will have time to write in the newsletter. You can write one for me, and if I have time next week I will send it to you. As well as a picture.
3-No, don´t send more garments. Its good you sent these ones, it is SOO hot.
4-Deodurant. I LOVE that one NBA kind you sent me. Its called ``mineral fresh`` its the best kind ever. send some!!
5-Wish list items: Primarily, I want letters and I want pictures. Send some of sports (that one of me playing rugby) and other cool pictures of friends and family. I want that one forearm workout called ``gyro ball`` I want sunscreen for the face. An external hard drive!! And then there are these ones that would be cool to have as well. And a slim fit cuff link shirt size 16 neck. And maybe some cuff links if you can find some. OO and a gold watch. (to wear to fancy meetings-it can be a fake one from NY)

But, the PResident changed his mind again. I am not training, but he called me as zone leader sooo I am zone leader now. I didn´t want to be ever, but he knows what the Lord wants I guess. But I got transferred to ITAJAÍ. Its a big old city close to Joinville and it is REALLLLLY hot. The chapel is from the 60s and has yet to be redone. My apartment is also from the 60s and was so dirty I had to spend 2 days cleaning it. And, I asked for a new mattress cuz the one that was there had cockroaches in it haha. But its good. My comp is Elder Conceição and he is from Acre, which is where all of the Brazilians think isn´t part of Brazil.

BUT, monday, I left Imbituba. I also sent 2 packages off. One was full of stuff I want but didnt need in Brazil. The other was full of fun stuff. It took years to pack cuz I have so much crap. I am replacing an elder who had to go home 9months early because he snapped a tendon in his knee (ouch). But the house was so terrible, it was unbelieveable. The president would have had a heart attack if he would have seen the house in the condition that it was in. I went immediately to the nearest market and bout 20 bucks worth of cleaning supplies and cleaned the whole place for 2 days strait. The second day we went to lunch and that was where I THOUGHT I had lost my wallet. But, a miracle happened haha. I´ll tell you what happened.

So after lunch we were walkin to our house and I guess I dropped my wallet in the middle of the road (WHICH NEVER HAPPENS). We got home and I noticed my wallet was gone. We retraced our tracks and it took all day and we just walked and walked. I was so depressed cuz it has like 5 years worth of cards in it and all my stuff from my mission as well as 200 bucks and both my money cards. I was so sad the whole day and called the office to tell them to call you to cancel everything. The next morning, the same member that had given us lunch the previous day called and said that her 8 year old son was walking down the road and found a wallet!!!!! IT WAS MINE!! what are the odds that he would find it!! It was soo lucky!! But it had everything in it and so I have everything including my lisense. Unfortunately you already cancelled the card. But its better to be safe than sorry.

So I have thought of 2 genius inventions that you should invent mom. One is a detergent or a fabric softener with acne medication in it so that when you wash your pillowcase your acne gets better. The other one is a matchstick that is sharpened on the end so that it is a match/toothpick. Mom, invent them and give me the money. You can have a little bit.

The members are pretty darn cool here. I walked into church and they have me a million references and it seems like there are gunna be a bunch of baptisms while I am here. I hope that it will be like that. But we did (I did) a bunch of contacts these past 3 days. I am extremely tired. But I gotta go, we gotta take the bus to get home in time to go to a visit we marked.

I love you all and ONLY 2 MONTHS until we talk again!!

LOVE YOU!!

Elder Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment