Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 14, 2011

hahahha his signature is so crazy!! (mission president) Everytime he writes on the whiteboard he ruins the marker cuz he is so intense and no one can tell what it says. Everyone calls him a little ``fireball.`` He is! Haha he is great though I love him.

Mom, CTR means ``conserve tua rota`` which isn´t choose the write, but I think the brazilians were too lazy to change the rings so they just changed the saying hahaha. Choose the right would be ``escolha o certo.``

Lets see, unfortunately this week wasn´t too action packed. I went to Floripa almost all week. Last pday I went to floripa to go to a dermotologist appt but the secratary of the mission told me wrong and it was actually on wednesday. So I went back that day to my area (2 hours away) and worked normally on tuesday. I taught that same guy with cancer again cuz his son told me to go see him again so we taught the plan of salvation and he liked it but denied baptism.. Wednesday I returned to Florianópolis to got to my appt and got 100 SPF prescription sunscreen cuz I guess my skin on my face is allergic to normal crappy brazil sunscreen. And then just did random crap around the office all day. It was alright. But I got one of my packages already!! I opened it up just to be able to put the presents under the tree, I didn´t read any letters or open anything. It was the one with CTR rings in it. I found a chinese buffet (chinese is hard to find here) for 8 REAIS!! Thats like 5 bucks! With a drink! Some things are so cheap here its awesome. Some things are not so cheap.

Thursday was the ZL counsel. The prez just gave us a training that said that the first presidency is really worried that we are not talking enough about God and too much about prophets and stuff. Which is important, but not as important as the one who created them, right? But it was good, I got to see all my old companions and hang out with them a little bit. One of my friends is going home in december, and he is soo goood at piano. I am so sad I didn´t decide to do piano lessons when I was littler. He can play clair de lune! Thats my favorite song. Hey, is L.H. still alive?? You gotta keep me updated on his liveliness.

Friday I also was at the counsel and we just practiced teaching for hours and hours. Did I tell you that every missionary house has a DVD player now? And, in the near future, every house will have an iPad as an area book and every companionship will have an iPhone!! Its pretty cool, but I will be home before then. It will take a little more than a year, and I only have 10 months left!!!

Saturday we worked normally. It was great overcast weather so I didnt get burned and my nose finished peeling. Gross. But Sunday we had 6 investigators at church! Its a pretty cool area, I dont do anything except get up in the morning and the Lord does the rest! I hope he isn´t condemning me or anything.. But the members here are cool, I dunno if I told you or not but one of the members drove by the beach the other day and it was really pretty. Elder M. Santos wrote you huh? Send me a copy!! He is with me right now, cuz he will be working in my zone for a little bit. There are so big time slackers in the area next to me and he has to get em workin again.

Sorry, this email kinda sucks. I did have a neat dream though the other day. IT kinda made me nervous. I had previously studied about dreams because the living prophets teach about dreams and how God can communicate through them and also the scriptures are filled with people having visions in dreams. So I dreamed I was in a big white mansion. I climbed a bunch of staircases that were made of gold. When I got to the top, it was just a big open room, but with Gordon B. Hinckley sitting at a normal wooden table eating a steak. He called me to sit with him and had a steak for me too. We talked a little bit and then he said, ``maintain the relationship you have with your friends.`` Thats all I remember him saying. Then he got up and went out a door and I woke up. Crazy huh! Probably just a dream though, I am going crazy.

We get to watch 2 movies on Christmas and 2 on New Years eve and get to sleep in too!! I was nervous I would have to spend 2 christmas days prosylitignggnkhntkrhhng.

Thats all for this week, I love you all and miss you tons! Mom, I sent you another package!!!

P.S. Dad, how is my stock doing??? Up or down??

Love Elder Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment