Tuesday, January 25, 2011

December 21, 2010

So I am sorry if I sounded negative last email, I didn't realize it. I didn't get transfered and I am not in a trio anymore so that is good. I got the packages, and I opened it up but I didn't read anyhting or open anything so don't worry. So I am doing well, I am foucused in a little more each week (its a gradual process, its hard) I loved the stories dad wrote me cuz I feel the exact same way!

People telling me that the devil sent me, people not being able to read at all, and enlish so torn that I have no idea what it says! But I feel like I am planting a lot of seeds here, so I am hoping that is what I am here for and that I can get goin to brazil soon! But don't worry I know that this is part of my mission. Umm, Elder Bridenstine got reassigned somewhere so its just me and elder alencar (the brazilian) He is kinda strict but its ok. I can't wear any of my pants except for the black ones. So I have been wearing those for 2 weeks strait. Someone in our ward named Brother Laborde does our landry for us! So that is really awesome. I get emails from my friends every week and they are all having fun and doing well. Fitts is still in South Carolina, he is in similar circumstances as me. But its fun. The guy that got stabbed 32 times said that someone got shot on his doorstep a few days ago. And a lady we are teaching said that a guy got shot and killed outside her house (a block away from my residence) and that he was fighting over a twinkie!! I feel so blessed to have everything I do. Even compared to my companions, I have superior social and reading skills. But I love them, they are good. It sounds like willie and scott are donig well. Text kevin and tell him to write me! I am sorry but I can't help but entertain the thought of being home after the mission every once and a while. It will be fun speaking portuguese to dad and it will be fun being home, i can't deny it! But that is not on my mind very much. I think about how to have the investigators feel the spirit. It is very apparent that the Lord delivers people to us, wether we find them or they find us. We were going in for the night the other night and a lady drove up to us and said, "Why haven't you knocked on my door yet!" And so we are giving her the lessons now. It is cool to see how powerfully Jesus Christ speaks in 3rd Nephi. I just got done with it and I am kind of sad because its over. But it was so funny yesterday we were showing how a baptism is done to one of our investigators and elder bridenstine (poor kid, is pretty awkward and uncoordinated) and he fake dunked elder alencar under the water. He brought him down, but not back up. He just dropped him flat on his back! haha right in front of our investigator!! But he gives his best. I think he is my companion to make me laugh and to brighten my day. Its cool to see how much the spirit guides us. I leave lessons not even remembering what I said exactly, and that is because the spirit puts words in my mind. I think he also leaves a lot of it up to me though. And since I was blessed with good social skills (I thought it was funny yesterday elder bridenstine said he never learned how to "flirt") I feel like I am doing pretty well! It is still really hard to get up in the mornings, but I make elder alencar and bridenstine go on jogs through the ghetto and that wakes me up a litle bit more. I am sending home a couple pictures I thought were cool, so look for them. I hope this was a good update, sounds like everyone is healthy and happy! AWESOME! I still have my bad and hard times thinking about home, but like I said its a gradual process and I am moving along. The weather is so crazy, I honestly don't think I will ever come back here again. Unless its to show you what I was doing for a month out of my mission.

K I gotta go, I will call on thursday around 5-6 to tell you when I can call on saturday! But its only a 5 minute call, so wait til saturday to talk!

I love you, Dad, thanks for the story of the week. It helped me out! I love you, and I will email you next week!

Love, Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment