Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January 10, 2011

Sounds like everyone is doing awesome, I am so glad to hear that you want to be around missionaries! I dont ever remember even seeing any at our ward! But keep on trying to be with them! Ok, so hymn 337 is how I feel. Read it. A guy said something I liked the other day. His parents both died at the same time, and he said that he was sad cuz they were his "instruction manuals to life." That phrased my thoughts perfectly.


I love teaching a good lesson, nothing feels better. I am still drastically going up and down, but I think that it will fade as time goes by. My area is mostly really poor, but, its so weird, there is one part that is extremely rich and has huge houses! There is a guy, I dont know if I told you about him, but he is a lawyer, works in the temple, loves books, and is 81 years old and is married to the goofiest 80 year old lady ever. I am determined to visit them with everyone after the mission so you can see how great they are! They invite us to bring and investigator over to their house once a week for dinner! I ate there on Christmas day. She is such a good cook its amazing!

So, quick question. You are gonna get the pictures right? OK good, and what about your patriarchal blessings?? I really want a copy. Tell Katie I loved her testimony and that I aways want to hear from her. Tell Linds the same thing, and that I am gonna write her soon.

I am now in a threesome again, we got another VISA waiter. His name is Elder Botcherby, and he is the coolest! You can totaly tell who has been called to Brazil.

So I hope that you are saving up for some expensive orthodontal work, because I think my teeth are getting more un alligned. The bottom is shifting over and grinds now, and I think my jaw is growing or something because they are slowing going more towards the front of my mouth. So, hopefully they wont be too bad. I will keep them clean though!

Treyden wrote me the other day and his mission is so different. They listen to led zepplin with permission, got to skype for 3 hours on Christmas, and you can dress however you want! And they get to watch disney movies on every holliday!!

Tell grandpa and grandma that I enjoy hearing from them just as much as anyone else and that their letter was awesome.Tell her that I still want to be in her wil for that grandfather clock that they have.

The other day we had quite a unique experience, at least for here in Louisiana. We invited our Portuguese member, tanya, to have her friends over so we could have a sit down lesson in portuguese! So she did, and we went over there at around lunch. I forgot that lunch was their big meal, so we ate a HUGE brazilian meal of meat and everything brazil! It was one of the best I have had in my life. Then more people came, so we had a lesson with like 10 people! Speaking Portuguese the whole time! It was rough. I still have a hard time understanding. But it was really fun, I was happy for the rest of the day haah.There was a girl about 17 years old and when she asked where I was going in Brazil and heard Florianopolis, she said, "OH, quero ir aquele muito mal e rapaginho! Todo mundo dizem que floripa e o melhor shique lugar na terra!" Meaning, "I want to go there SOO mad! Everyone says its the prettiest and coolest place on Earth!" So that got me excited to go there! Any news on the VISAs? Elder Alencar tried lying to e and said that the president told him that it would be 12 more weeks.. Which it could, but no one knows that! I caught him.

There is a guy in our ward and he is so huge. (Most of my ward is black) his house got robbed, and they took everything! Carpet, lightbulbs, EVERYTHING! It was sad. But he was happy because he still had the gospel in his life! Yesterday was stake conference, which was led by president Monson from salt lake! We watched it via satelite. It was pretty cool. A guy talked about "stuff" and how we need to be careful about it taking our lives over, ut we are entited to have fun with it and it is a gift from god if used correctly. It reminded me of when Dad, one night, was worried that we thought that he was more involved with "stuff" than with us or the gospel. I want to REASSURE him once again that he is my role model in all aspects. Of course it is extremely evident that he values what is most important. The gospel of Jesus Christ, and his family. I say the same for you, Ma.

How was grandpa richard converted? and how did the scofield family get the gospel? I was wondering that the other day.. So are you still having your prayers in my room? I bet that you still do at least sometimes. I would think that it would be peaceful in there. Any other news? I love hearing from everyone, so encourgage them to continue writing me!! Kevin emailed me ut I am not allowed to email friends so I printed it out and wil write him later.

Alrght, well, I gotta get goin, it is raining like crazy, everything is flooded! I love you so much, and I MISS YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment