Tuesday, January 25, 2011

December 27, 2010

I am so excited about Jacob's call. I hope he is excited, cuz that is a really cool mission call! He was excited because he thought that's where Dad served. But, its not. I bet Dad still has been there and knows about it though. When its time for Jacob's farewell, you gotta record it and send it to me! I wanna hear what his talk will be like!

I really, really hope that Lowell is alive when I get back. I love when he plays more than anything. Does he have a CD or something that he could get a hold of and send to me? I hope so.I hate being in silence when we clean and study, I like to have some kind of noise going! And driving in silence is kinda weird too. I don't like having a car. It seems like we are never outside! IT is soo cold today its unreal. Its a different kind of cold here. It is a deeper cold. I don't know if its worse, but it is sure cold!

I am still up and down, as you might expect, but its ok. As I tell myself all the time, my friends are all doing it. Dad, mike, kit, everyone did it, I can do it! I also like to look back on my mission thus far and I don't really remember much! I remember the good parts, but not really the bad! So thats how I expect my whole mission to be. And I like to tell myself that. It makes me feel a little bit better.

But the lunch was really good! After the lunch, we were stuffed, and we had an appointment to go see a guy who has been active his whole life, served in Paraguay, is a lawyer, and loves books. (Yea, he was like Dad plus 25 years) His wife and her whole family aren't members. We went over to what we thought was just going to be a spiritual thought. But we walked in and the entire family was there! And they had prepared a gigantic meal for us! It was hard to eat because I was already stuffed, but it was some of the best food I have ever eaten! It was kind of strange though, I had never met any of these people in my life, and I was at the head of the table!!! I got the gumbo recipe that his wife made (it was so good I can't believe it) hopefully she will be a member and we can go there after my mission and she will feed us! She will anyways though, she loves missionaries to death for some reason. Brother Maughn (the guy thats like Dad) has been trying to convert her for 35 years. He says they used to have the missionaries over for dinner at least once a week! There house was extremely nice. Its wierd here, there is super gross low ghetto streets then right next to them there are multi million dollar houses!

I still have no idea where I am, the streets aren't on a grid system and its impossible to know where you are going without mountains. I learned that regardless of where I live when I am older (which I want to be salt lake) I NEED mountains! It feels like I am not even on planet earth without them! So I assume everyone is doing well, I talked to you like 2 days ago. We really have been spoiled with calls, and will continue to be! I will get to call at the airport for at least an hour I bet, then mothers day will be a couple months away! After that we will have to wait 6 months for christmas, but then I will be home in like 6 months! Crazy. Well, I am gonna write dad an email too, so I gotta end this one.

LOVE YOU

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment