Wednesday, January 25, 2012

December 12, 2011



Sorry about last week, but I was in Balneário Camboriú again. Its really cool there. The pics are of last week. And there is one when I got interviewed on the radio. But I am able to use SKYPE!! But, unfortunately, President said that we cannot go over 40 minutes. Soooo thats gonna be hard to follow haha but we´ll see how it goes. I am gonna have to work it all out this week, I will let you know next week. But I wanted to send everyone presents but I didn´t have any money, so, sorry... I will try for everone´s birthday. I already got Mom´s present down!

This week was tough. I did contacts all day everyday. It was rainy most of the week. But, we did have 10 investigators at church this week!! Our hard work paid off!! But I have been going out with an Elder who is going home on Wednesday named Elder Bingham from Syracuse. He is a good missionary. We found a LOT of cool people that have accepted baptism.. In particular we found a little family of 3 that went to church this week. They are so cool, and I can just tell that they are prepared. I walked in their house and it was neat and organized and they didn´t have any catholic pictures on their walls (like everyone else has) and they listened and didn´t debate it was great. They loved the first lesson and the wife cried. I think they are pretty good to go already!!

We had a training for the leaders on Tuesday with the PRez. He is sooo hilarious. He is just a little short tiny guy that is so full of energy and has the most hilarious accent.. But, he said that I will have to wear my missionary clothes if you come to pick me up so thats kind of a bummer. But our english class is gettin a little bit better each time. I talked about it on the radio and went downtown and asked if a newspaper could put it in an ad and they turned out interviewing us, so I will have to buy the paper when it comes out! I like to work in a different way, being creative. Its a lot more fun than just knocking doors. But, unforunately, it has to be done too.

But I don´t know if I have ever told you about CHURASSCO, but it is like a brazilian BBQ. It is SOO good though, and everyone does it here. So we eat pure meat all day. I still weigh the same, but I have lost my muscle, so I weigh about 170 now. I run every morning though, so I think that I will be in pretty good shape when I get home. How is everyone doing?? But it really is so hot. IT is getting worst too. Some days there is no need to dry off from the shower cuz if you do you are instantly soaked in humidity and sweat again. But transfers are here, I will be staying in Itajaí with the same comp, elder Checketts. I like him a lot, he is a great guy. All of my friends are getting home!! Its so weird! They all send me emails.

Well, sorry I didn´t have anything really cool to say, this week was rough and I got home every night so tired I didnt even write in my journal. But I am still extremely happy, I learn everyday, and I love it here. I love missionary work, ALOT, I just wish I could have more energy during the day. Its exhausting! But I hope everyone is doing well, if not, I hope it improves soon! I love you all!! SEE you in 2 weeks!

Love Elder Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment