Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 16, 2012

Helloooooo

Hey, so I went to Balneário again today. I saw something that I promised to myself I will someday do. We went on this little tiny hike thing and it goes all the way up to this super steep mountain and at the top it is just a grass hill. Its called ``bald guy hill`` in portuguese. Then, we heard this weird sound. I looked over, and there was a guy with a little mini parachute and a big fan strapped to his back just flying around the jungle and beaches. It was SOO FUN LOOKING. Go to ``voador.com`` I think thats the website. but today was really fun. We just went and saw the sites. There is a big jesus statue in Balneário like the one in Rio de Janeiro that is holding a big light that shines on the main avenue at night. It was pretty cool. My battery ran out or else I´d send you pics.

Me and my comp get along great! I forgot that I had met him 8 months ago while I was in tijucas. He is really funny and talkative, with is generally a big plus for a missionary. He is from the interior of São Paulo, where generally everyone considers them to be hicks. Its like the south of the U.S. He has a really goofy accent and everyone loves him cuz he is outgoing. But he is a good missonary as well. And he actually speaks english quite well. The first presidency has commanded that every non american missionary leave the mission fluent in english.. So he has been studyin! This week went really fast though, I didn´t get a chance to write everything down, so I will try my best. It actually was a week full of contacts and dropped apointments, but we got the work done. Lots of contacts.

I have been sick all week cuz I drank some really sketchy water from this shack/house on last tuesday. But I think it has passed. But it was worth it, I was really thirsty.

We are still working with a family I found by clapping doors 7 weeks ago. They read the bom every night and last night we watched CHARLY. I think I have told you about it before, but it is soo good for investigators. And it is authorized by the president. I HIGHLY reccomend that you watch it for family home evening or somethin. My comp cried a ton. I manage not to cry, but it is a tear jerker. Its well made as well. But the family (of 3) really liked it and they just need to mark a date now. Hopefully it will go down smooth. WE meet with them this wednesday.

It seems like Kevin is doing really well, as well as the rest of my friends. I dunno if you ever hear anything about them? But thats crazy that Huntsman dropped out! Why??? There was a HUGE 4 page article in Brazil´s version of ``Life Magazine`` where they interviewed Mitt and Neil A. Anderson. I didn´t know that Neil speaks Poruguese!! But it was a huge article on the beliefs of the church and the interview with Neil Anderson was so cool. He handled the most tough questions with perfect answers. It was great. I will show it to you in 8 months hahah.

Well, unfortunately, nothing too cool happened this week. I just got more sunburned and I look like I am 50. Everyone says ``woa, is that your dad?? He looks 30!!`` then they say ``I want to see YOU look this young when you are 52`` So I look like I am old. I am tired so I always have wrinkly black bags under my eyes. It sucks. But did Dad go skiing yet??????

Thats al I have got. Sorry. I got my hair cut!!! Thats cool right??

Tchau.

Elder Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment