Wednesday, January 25, 2012

November 28, 2011

That was the last thanksgiving I will spend away from home!!

I am going to ask if I can watch a ski documentary for Christmas (we can watch PG films) So MIKE, you gotta pick the best one and Mom get ready to buy it cuz i am gonna ask prez this week. (I will talk about college too)

But, Tuesday it rained like mad. It is SOO hot and when it rains its better because at least I dont get sunburned. We started english class here in Itajaí but it was a complete failure the first time. Not one person came!! Haha, thats ok, it´ll get better. Good news though, my new matress came!! I sleep a lot better now. With my 75 dollar pillow too its a pretty good sleep. But, We also got a new clothes thingy (armwa:????) and a dresser. So our house it really clean and neat now!! But, unfortunately, an elder who lives in filth becaeuse he doesnt care is living in my house now, and his equally filthy comp. It sucks. But its fun to live in 4. There is no place to dry our clothes though!! I am hanging up wires everywhere its really funny!

So the bishop here is nuts. He works for the swat team in brazil and almost dies every week. He ``subdued```me the other day. He did some thing with my hand and it hurt so bad I had to go to the floor. It really hurt so bad. He is a good guy though. Unfortunately, our baptism fell through. She said she wanted to pray more and all the stuff. But, I am learning how to bake bread. Its kinda hard, and I am sure it is different here. But I also like to cook stroganaugh. Its really easy and good too! But on wednesday I started to walk with my umbrella open. It is just so unbearably hot I couldn´t stand the sun on my face. People give me odd looks but I don´t care, the sun is deadly. But it rains a lot so that is good.

Thursday we did contacts all day. We found a family of 8 and began to teach them. They are cool. OOO and we went to the radio station to try to schedule an interview to talk about the english class and we GOT a full 45 minute interview!! I will try to get a recording of it, but they are gonna ask all kinds of questions about the mormons.. Its gonna be so cool! I hope a lot of people listen because we are gonna maybe get a lot of people to come to the english classes!! That will happen TOMORROW.

Friday, we also did contacts. It was a tough day. I don´t really remember haha.

Saturday was also not a great day. We at least taught a couple lessons though. I made a mango cinnamon smoothie cuz I wanted to invent a new flavor but it was terrible and I am still sick from taking just a sip. Really, it made me sick. I hate mangos now. But we taught that one family of 8 and the spirit was really strong but only 1 of 8 accepted baptism. But, the other 7 will think about it and visit church. So, we´ll see.

Sunday, we had lunch at a lady´s house from bahia. I love Bahianos. But the rest of the day was tough too, this week was just full of fallen appointments. BUT,

today was AWESOME!! I am in Balneário Camboriú right now, and I did a thing called the bondinho. Its lke a ski lift. But it goes up and over an island and you can see the whole city and the beaches! This is a city that we HAVE to come visit! It is in the middle of the jungle. I will send pics nxt week, I forgot my chord for the camera.

Thats all for this week, I love you all!! TALK to you in a few weeks!!

Love Elder Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment