Wednesday, January 25, 2012

December 19, 2011

Everyone,

I have yet to go to Floripa so I am sure all the packages are there waiting.

This was another hard week cuz I was in a trio all week because of some emergency transfers that I had to deal with.. So I was calling people and running back and forth from apartments and the bus station all week it was terrible. And it is so humid now cuz right after it rains it is just an oven. But, the 2 guys that were living at my house left, so we were able to clean the house a little bit. I love to use bleach, it cleans everything and kills everything too.

Unfotunately Elder Neilson got transferred from my zone. But its OK. I also talked to Elder Bell, that one kid from our stake. He is a good guy and seems happy and optimistic. On Tuesday we finally got a big old banner advertising the english class made and put it up at the chapel. We had 2 people at the last class, so at least it is improving!! I get at least 5 calls a day about it, I dunno why no one shows up!!

I have decided that Christmas is terrible without snow, and its even worse when it is humid. But thats OK, its my last Christmas EVER away from home!! In the morning it is only hot, compared to the afternoon when its burning hot, so we run everyday. Its really hard to breath but I like it, I stay awake more durning the day. But The other day I bought mouthwash but I bought the wrong flavor so it mad me sad. On Thursday we marked 2 baptisms for New years eve!! That´ll be pretty cool. I am also working with a family of 3 that I want to mark their baptisms on Christmas Day. I think it would be one of the most memorable Christmases ever. But we´ll see. I would baptize them right before I talk to you!! SPEAKING of which, we are able to use SKYPE. But only for 40 minutes, even if we used the phone. So that sucks. But I think on Saturday I will email you to tell you the user name I will use and the time that we will do it... I was thinking like 4 in the afternoon my time.. Let me know if that works.

I went to Balneário again this week to do a baptismal interview. I really like it there. But, as for getting picked up from my mission, if you still want to do it, I am in. But I would have to stay in missionary clothes and stuff, so thats kind of lame. Maybe we could just come back in like February or somethin I dunno.. Just keep thinkin about it. I WANT so bad to get set apart on the phone so I can just be in normal clothes!!

The church here (brazil) is not nearly as well organized as it is in the U.S. And even in the U.S., at least in Louisiana, its not like Utah. Its just not as punctual I guess. But Saturday night we had a big old Christmas dinner, it was pretty good. We had 10 investigators at church!! We´ll see how it goes with all of them. Its a lot of people to try to keep tracfk of!! Speaking of keeping track of things, I am going to have to somehow organize it so that 12 missionaries can sleep at my house, because the bus that we need to get on to go to floripa for the Christmas Conference of the mission is gonna pass only through my area, and at 5 in the morning. That will happen of Thrusday morning. So that will be crazy.

One night this last week I almost died of a heart attack. (I don´t know if that is true or not) But I was sleeping, exhausted from a long long day, and the fan that we have is way old and shaky, and it was on full blast. Out of nowhere it exploded huge and pieces of metal and plastic went flying everwhere. I somehow had the world´s fastest reflexes and woke up out of a deep sleep and had enough time to cover my face so that it didn´t get riddled with metal and plastic. Then it fell on the ground and mini exploded again, it was the loudest thing I have ever heard. But it happened at 4 in the morning and the crazy thing is, my companion did not wake up!! Pieces hit him and he still did not wake up!! I had people BELOW my apartment complain about noise at 3 in the morning, but somehow my companion slept through it. It scared me so bad though I couldn´t go back to sleep for the rest of the night.

Also, Saturday night we went to the first Presidency Christmas devotional. The Prophet´s speech was way different than I have ever seen him. He told everyone to basically forget about the presents and remember the reason of Christmas. So, I hope you guys do something to try to remember the real meaning of christmas. Maybe you could watch the church´s christmas nativity movie or read the scriptures or somethin.

but thats all I have for this week, I am sad that Elder Oaks moved, but I am happy that Christian made it home safe and that Lowell is still doing well. I want him to play at my homecoming!

I love you all and I will talk to you SUNDAY!!

Feliz Natal!!!

Love Elder Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment