Monday, June 11, 2012





June 11, 2012


HELLO

I know right where that hotel is!! HAhah it is right near I lived for 4 months!! That will be cool. It is within like 30 minutes of everything cool on the island. Thats great!! And the view is really pretty, you can see the continent. The water won´t be AS pretty cuz it´ll still be kind of winter, but thats OK!!

This week was rushed and hurried and we almost got nothing done except solve problems. First off, it is REALLY cold now, I donno whats goin on but everything is always moist and it doesn´t matter if you have a coat on it goes right to the bone. It reminds me of Baton Rouge. But you can NEVER get warm cuz there is no heating here! Only in really nice hotels and houses. But we have had to solve a million emergency transfers that president did, and we were at the bus station a lot. A couple times we had to get up at 4 in the morning and walk 30 minutes to get there and to wait for 4 hours. IT was pretty terrible, I am glad its over. But on Tuesday we had a good meeting with president. The bus ride back was maybe the worst trip I have ever had in my life. There was, of course, 3 babies sitting next to me and an overweight lady as well. We got the bus at 11 at night and got there at 11:30 the next day. Everyone was sick in the bus, so the air was thick. I sat by the window and it was FREEZING cold and the babies cried the whole time. I am also glad that is over haha.

We are having some problems with that couple that we are trying to marry. He just went crazy and said the church is envloved in politics and he hates politics more than anything and now he is fighting with his wife and it isn´t going very well. I´m gonna go over there tomorrow to see if I can solve it, we´ll see though, he really hates politics a lot (I don´t know why he thinks the church invloves itself in politics, because it doesn´t) 

Its kinda funny all of our progressing investigators that we have we didn´t even find them!! There are 2 that are preparing for baptism that came up to us on the road and asked for a visit. This couple that is maybe gonna get married, they showed up at church alone. There is another family of 2 that asked about the book of mormon banners back when we had the exhibition. Another one that is progressing and coming to church was a reference from a member. Its cool to see that when we work our hardest, even if it isn´t a result from our own labors, we have success because God´s hand is in the work. We did a million contacts and it didn´t do anything but we have a bunch of people to work with that were literally given to us!!

The shower is still broken and it is really terrible cuz the bathroom is impossible to clean. It was even worse when we had 6 people over on Saturday night cuz the temple in Manaus was dedicated. Did you guys get to watch!? It was pretty cool! I have never seen one before! But Elder Uctdorf did it and he was so funny! He made the weirdest comments when they were laying the corner stone haha it was fun. It was so cold inside the chapel though.

I told Dad, but I received really cool news the other day. So, I baptized a guy named Marcelo in Itajaí and also his daughter. But his wife and his other daughter were not interested. I just found out the other day that one of my friends (he is a misisonary) here on the mission got transferred to my old area and just baptized them! So now I have a whole convert family to write to! I thought it was pretty neat. 

WELLLLL, thats all I have got. I am really tired and President Fernandes told me to go to the dermatologist, so I am going this week. 

Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment