Monday, June 11, 2012



June 4, 2012


Hello:

This week was a good one! We worked a lot, and had a lot of fun experiences. I talked to a girl I know here and she recommended a bunch of places to visit, I sent the places to dad. Elder M. Santos´s wedding isn´t gonna happen in October, but he could easily show us around Salvador. 

So, on Tuesday I did a contact with a family of 6!! It is my only dream on the mission, to baptize a full family. And this is a missionary´s dream! A big family, and they have 4 sons!! Who are all between 10 and 19!! We marked for wednesday, so we will see if they are prepared then. I think I told you already, but I eat like 8 tangerines a day. There are also orange trees, but I never liked to eat oranges. But I LOVE orange juice, its the best. And they drink weird kinds of juices here from other fruits, which are also good, but I miss orange juice. I used to avoid picking the oranges, but now I pick them and drop them on the ground and they crack a little and I suck all the orange juice out. Its soo good!! I will never get sick I drink like 3,000 grams of vitamin C a day!!

We are going to mark the marriage date of Josimar and Tatiani this week, so they will be able to be baptized this month maybe. My shoes are really funny. They are really worn down on one side and not so much on the other side. Everyone laughs at them. But it sucks cuz it rains a lot here and my feet get completely wet. The weather is weird though and it gets really hot the next day. I thought it was supposed to be cold!!

Our shower is the worst. I bought caulk to try to stop the water from leaking from out from underneath the metal that lines the shower but it didn´t work and only made the shower smell like vinegar. I put soo much on and the water somehow finds a way through and so the floor is always wet and smelly and terrible. And there are four of us there with little time to clean so you can imagine how it gets. I am trying to fix it but I just don´t have time except on pday and it takes a long time to dry. 

So we taught a young kid and his girlfriend the other day and they told us that they already know the BOM is true! It took us by suprise! And then the next day, 2 girls came up to us and asked what time church was at, so we ended up marking a visit with them and their family and went there, taught a lesson, and they went to church this sunday and said that they really liked it! It was a pretty good week this week, with lots of cool experiences. But we also had 8 people over for 2 days, so the bathroom is putrid now. 

Friday was interview day. It was good, I talked to president about you coming to pick me up. He said that you need to work out the flight plans and stuff and need to respect that I will have stuff to do until the last day, but I think that isn´t gonig to be a problem. But, he said that our stake president can just release me over the phone. So you gotta work that all out and tell me!!

Saturday we did divisions. It was alright. NO ONE was home though, I dunno why. Sunday, we had district conference, and president Fernandes spoke. I know I always say it, but he is so funny. Today and yesterday I had an opportunity that almost no missionary gets. We rode with president ALL the way from Chapecó until floripa. We talked the whole time about stuff. We got to ask him a bunch of questions and we got to know him a lot better. He got to know us better, too. There were just 3 of us and him! For 12 hours!! But we went to Chapecó until a city called Videira, where we slept at the missionaries´ house. Then at 6 in the morning he was outside honking, so we left. It was soo fun!!! I remembered all of our road trips too. It was really cool cuz he answered whatever question that we asked about doctrine. 

The landcapes here are amazing. It was the coolest drive ever!! The roads are so crazy here!! They wind and wind and drop and twist and they are all on the ridge of the mountains, it was so cool. We also drove through a forest which has trees that are considered to put out the most pure oxigen on earth, so that was fun too. 

Thats all, I love you!!! Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment