Monday, June 11, 2012

May 28, 2012

This week was alright, its so tough here cuz everyone is rich. But, we found a couple families that we are teaching right now, that aren´t like ``BOOM`` though. But we are workin with em. 

I didn´t take notes on what to say, so lemme try to remember. Ummmmm transfers were this week, so we were at the bus station a lot. It was kinda boring. We had to wake up one day at 2:30 in the morning and walk to the bus station. I was sooo tired that day!

We taught a girl named Elaine again, I think I told you about her. But she has a bunch of problems that we found out about, mainly about the word of wisdom. But we are working with her.

One thing really cool that happened this week was that we marked the marriage of a couple that want to get baptized!! So we will baptize them in about 30 days from this week. But the lesson was really cool, we brought a recent convert to the visit with us that bore testimony and really helped the couple, whose names are Josimar and Tatiani, to feel the truthfulness of the message that I left about temple marriage. They even went to a marriage that was held last saturday to see how they want to organize theirs! 

Oh yea we were interviewed on the radio as well!! haha we went there and asked if they could put of english class advertisement on the radio and we ended up gettting a 30 minute interview!! It was pretty cool, I wrote down a bunch of questions for him to ask us on the air, and we responded to them. I got a recording of it, so I will have to show you when I get home. 

I only have 4 months left!! Isn´t that weird?? I am nervous. I am just nervous about everything haha about the time I have left on the mission about when I get home, but its fine cuz I know there is nothing to be nervous of. I am really, REALLY excited to have you guys come to get me!! I hope it all works out! I still haven´t had time to research where I want to go, I think I will go there right now and take a look. 

I will FINALLY be able to go to get my braces treated on the 5th. Its been like 40 days!! I think I will have to go home with them, president forgot he said he wouldn´t send me out here. Sooo, he kinda left me in the dumps there and we lost money I think. Sorry. 

I will be able to talk to him this Friday is all goes well, but you never know with him so we will see. I am gonna ask to be a normal senior missionary for my last transfer so I don´t have to do all this junk and can focus on missionary work more!! I want to go to the island, we will see if he lets me... 

Thats all I have got, you are all in my prayers and I love you all!!!!

Elder Alex Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment