Monday, June 11, 2012

May 21, 2012


Hello family:

How is everyone doin?? I hope well. This week was pretty good, it was pretty rushed though. 

We just did a million contacts on monday and tuesday. Wednesday we went to an area called Efapi to do divisions with the guys there. It was fun cuz I got to go with Elder Pearson, an elder from my group that is from South Dakota. The area is just another neighborhood of Chapecó, but the city is really big so its far away. On Thursday we did the exhibit thing again because there is an area that is really close to the downtown place that we did it so they wanted to do it again so we went and helped them. It was a long day hhaha. But the results are really showing now. We found a family of 7 that we are teaching now, they are pretty cool. But another family we found, a family of 5, they are really cool! I am excited to teach them. We have an appointment for Saturday.

On Friday I took a 6 hour bus ride to be able to go to an area at the end of the world to do a baptismal interview called Fransisco Beltrão. It was a pretty cool city, it has a big tall tower made of bricks that we went up and looked at the city. Its in another state and is pretty close to Argentina. saturday I rode the bus back. 

I think 7-8 days would be great. Its up to you. You have to decide where we are gonna go too!! I haven´t had time to look around. I think next pday I will go to the library to look at places. Maybe I´ll go today. But I am so anxious to know how Sérgio, Nilva, and Alex are doin back in Itajaí!! MY dream is to baptize them when we go to visit them, but that´d be good if they get baptized soon here. 

I am excited to get the acne medz. Its kinda good though I guess, cuz the brazilians LOVE blond hair and blue eyes here. I have never told you this, but almost every girl I talk to asks if we can date on the mission and if I have a girlfriend haha. They also think that dad is a model and that mom is from germany and they all think mom´s hair is so cool when I show them the pictures, so be prepared to recieve complements!! 

I talked to elder Neilson the other day and he told me that president said that his stake president could call him and release him over the phone, so thats what we will do I guess!!!

Thats all I hve got this week, Linds I haven´t had a chance to read the talk yet, I am printing it and will read it tonight. elder Val is getting transferred and a brazilian is coming, so all our english talking will have to stop.

Love you!!


P.S. The pic is of me doing a brazilian bbq called churrasco!!
-- 
Elder Alex Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment