Tuesday, April 3, 2012

February 6, 2012

IT IS SO HOT. It has been a week of pure sun with no rain. I have a little clock that tells the tempurature and it rarely has been below 90. At night its about 88, but the humidity is said to be 95 percent and above, so I can´t sleep. I am exhausted, and we aren´t allowed to have air conditioning. Hahah it sucks. We have fans though, so I get a warm breeze at night at least. and the shower is cold. But maybe it´ll rain sometime soon.

Hmmm lets see. This week, the hottest week of the year so far, we spent everyday in the road doing contacts. Tuesday, was solid contacts. I still walk with my umbrella and my NATIVE companion also walks with his umbrella and says that it is unbearably hot as well. So this summer sucks. And March is the hottest month of the year... Cool huh. But, the english class is going really well now!! We have 10 to 15 people there per class. Its fun to teach, it helps my Portuguese a lot.

Wednesday, we also did a lot of contacts, but we also taught about the Fall of Adam and Eve to the family that I always tell you about. it was a great lesson, probably one of the best I have ever taught. We spend an hour and a half planning it all out in the morning and when the time came to teach it it went great, they understood, and the spirit was strong. We just have to mark a date now!! We had asked them to pray about how they felt about baptism the last time because they had yet to do so, and when we asked them about how it went, Nilva (the mom) and Alex (the 13 year old) said, ``well... We felt something... different`` (in a strange tone) It made me nervous and I asked what the feeling was, fearing the response, and they said ``we are anxious to be baptized.`` Soo, needless to say, they are ready and prepared!! But Sérgio (the dad) said that he wants more time to decide and to learn more and to get to know the church more. So, obviously, we are letting him. But they didn´t go to church DANG IT. They are a lot of work, hahah. But, I trust the Lord, so everything will go well.

thursday, we did contacts. We marked with a LOT of people for this week, so we will see how it goes. But, one of my favorite contacts is asking for water. We clap, and they look out and say ``pois não?`` (which is really weird saying that literally means, ``because no?`` but it has the feeling of ``can I help you?``) and then we ask for a cup of water, and while we are drinking we do the contact and they are forced to listen if they want their cup back hahahahah. But it works sometimes!!

Friday, we had a baptismal interview done!! The elders from the center of the city came and did the interview. She passed and on Saturday we had a baptism!! IT was good. Sunday, we also did many contacts. We ate at a returned missionary´s house who loves video games, so I got really trunky. But i´ll be patient, I have less than 8 months now. Today I have been out for 16 months!! Thats a long time!!!!

P.S. I will probably get braces, so thats embarrassing. Good thing you won´t see me hahahh. No but it´ll be good. But I forgot to tell you I talked the lady into doing a deal. I only paid 1100 and thats all it´ll be unless I have to keep them on to be finished in the U.S. then I will have to pay 600 more I think... But my teeth move really fast so I am not worried. I will get them on this week.. hahah.

Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment