Tuesday, April 3, 2012

February 20, 2012

Sounds like you had a great week!! I had a big huge email written, but then the power went out and I lost everything... dang it. That´s ok.

Sooo this week was pretty good! We worked really hard and got a lot done.

Tuesday I went to Floripa to get my comp´s brain inspected. He had to... dang it I forgot what that big white machine is called.. Y´know the one that you lay down and they put you in an it does a bunch of x rays... Wow portuguese is replacing my english.. But you know the machine I am talkin about! the OOOO its MRI. He had to get an MRI, so we went to this way cool hospital in Floripa. I had always thought the health treatments here are inferior but it was pretty sweet! So, he went in and I waited. They even had this machine with a million different kinds of hot chocolate that by the press of a button mixed you up some and put it in a cup! But, he came out 10 minutes later, sweating. I thought ``that was fast`` but I asked him how it went and he said ``I just got scared and couldn´t go into the machine. I couldn´t do it.`` So I started to laugh and he felt really embarrassed but it was way funny!! He didn´t even get CLOSE to going in, he just saw the machine and got scared!! HAHAHA!! So we will go back this next week and he will be put to sleep to be able to enter in. hahah. It was funny. Poor guy.

On Wednesday we marked the baptism of that one crazy guy that has been going to church on his own. He really is a smart guy and really cool, but he LOVES coffee. I hope he can give it up. In our interviews, the president asked us to give emphasis on less actives because the first presidency says that that is where the most baptisms result. So, the work style here in Itajaí has changed. We don´t knock so many doors anymore, we visit less actives. Its going great!! We have already marked 4 baptisms as a result!!

So I was walkin down the road the other day, and I saw a street sign with a very strange last name written on it (almost all the streets are named after someone). The F word in english, is a common last name!! They pronounce it foo-key. But it caught my attention while I was walking down the road haha.

On Friday we were in Blumenau ALL DAY. The Elders there don´t really know whats going on or where they are or if they are in Brazil or anything, so we gotta help em out every once and a while. But the consequence is that we lose a lot of time in our own area. This family that I have been teaching forever is becoming strange. I can´t mark a visit with them, they always have some excuse, all of which I have discovered to be the truth. That[s why I don´t say they´ve gone sour, just strange. Keep praying for them.

Saturday was pretty good, we went to the center of Itajaí to do a baptismal interview. It went well.

Sunday was great!! We found out there was a family of 6 that only the Dad was a member!! So we went there, discovered that the dad was a great guy but just made a few mistakes and went inactive. But his wife and kids have all read and are reading the BOM and are wanting to get baptized!! So we marked 3 baptisms (the 2 smallest are only 5 and 6) but they are really cool. The worst part is that I might be transferred before their baptism!! transfers are the 7th of march! I have been here for 3 transfers.. So I might stay, I might go, who knows.

We have 4 elders at our house cuz of CARNAVAL here in brazil is like Mardi Gras in Louisiana. really bad. The elders that are staying at our house are from Navegantes-a beach city with a huge famous party that happen every year. So they are here til Wednesday.

Thats all I´ve got!! What is fraud College? Did Dad invent it?? How did it go?? City Center is pretty cool huh!!

If you see a junker car for less that one grand, buy it!!!

Love you all!!

Elder Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment