Tuesday, April 3, 2012

March 12, 2012

Dear Family,

So I was reading that article about dad on september 11th and I was thinkin about how Dad and Mom must have a strong testimony about the word of wisdom. Imagine if dad had been smoking or drinking a the time when the twin towers were attacked. There´s no way he could have ran all that way!!! I also remember that when it happened I thought it was way cool that dad had agreed to be interviewed only if he could tell it from his side of view. I also think that I remember that he was annoyed that the news cut out a bunch of the interview that he talked about religion. I then realized that dad HAS to do a mormon.org video. It would be a great help to people to see your video and it would help in the missionary work too!! Tell me your thoughts......

So we drink chlorophyl juice every morning now. We blend up a bunch of green vegtables and put in a little water and drink it... its terrible. Its the worst thing I have ever drank. But, we read a thing that said that it is the equivalant of eating 3 kilos of salad... haha and i think its working, I feel less tired!!

On Wednesday we helped that same family that emily talked about in her speech lay cement. It was tiring, and I remembered all those times that I helped Doug doing construction stuff. But, it was a good break from doin the normal stuff I do. I was so hot in the sun though!! And right after we ate lunch in a neighborhood on the other side of the city, an hour walk, with argentines that don´t speak really good portuguese so I try to speak spanish with them. It doesn´t go too well, but we communicate. That same day we had to have 2 new elders sleep at our house. I met a brazilian that plays rugby!! It was fun, we talked all night. It was weird to see someone who knew what rugby is!

I was wonderin if you could send me a package with a lot of powder gatorade in it?? And I think I will need like 2 or three more deordorants. That same kind is really good.

We had a great lesson with Sérgio and family on Thursday night. IT was one of the best. Nilva, Sério´s wife, said (roughly translated) ``I know we are on the right path. The book is true.`` I then realized what the first presidency meant when they wrote on my call `there is no work more gratifying..`` There really isn´t. Up until my life, I haven´t felt this level of gratitude. I was the one that the Lord used to bring this family into the Gospel. It is better than a fresh line of 5 foot deep powder, than dunking over a tall guy, than anything!! It took me this long to fully grasp what the first presidency had said!!!

We have 10 baptisms marked, but many will be after this transfer, which is almost guaranteed that I leave. Oh well! This week I also learned that we need to chose a wife wisely. There is a way cool member and he does everything right and has a strong testimony of the gospel but he married a jerk.. She is really pretty but she doesn´t use garments and doesn´t hardly go to church.. its sad he is suffering.. We played cards with him today though. He will visit us in October!! he speaks perfect english!!

We met an inactive member that conterfeits identities of people and sells them on the black market.. he did a terrible thing and now the whole city knows of his association with the church.. its tough. We have been working a lot with less actives lately, its a good way to find baptisms. We also found out that there are elders baptizing people in our area... Its messin everything up. So we have a stressful week in front of us.

We have a mission conference with a member of the 70, Elder Godoy. I am really excited!! It will be on Friday, but he is giving a special training to the zone leaders on thursday. He will even pick a few to interview. That would be scary!!!!

Thats all I have got this week. That guy michael didlier is one of my friends that I used to ski with all the time!!

Love you

Elder Alex Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment