Tuesday, April 3, 2012

February 13, 201

Hi:

Sounds like your week went well!! Was it dad that invented Fraud College?? What is it I don´t even know. Sounds cool though. dad just organizes it whats going on?? A member put his name in google and his picture popped up with a hundred stories about stuff so everyone thinks that he is famous now.

But lets see what I did this week.

I forgot to mention that last week a crazy guy showed up to church and is taking the lessons and progressing really well. I say he is crazy because he is a phsycologist and thinks WAY too hard about stuff its weird. He had always thought that he had crazy ideas about God and religion (such as the earth will be the celestial kingdom) and no one ever believed him and when he told us about them it looked as if he half-expected us to call him nuts but when we said that is what we believe too he just puts a big smile on his face. haha he is pretty cool. His name is Paulo. But on Tuesday we watched a movie called ``The Other Side of Heaven`` (under authorization) with a recent convert family. Its a really good movie but it makes me feel like my mission is extremely inferior to his. But, he had a pretty ridiculous mission. I won´t compare. I also wrote down the question ``when are the next winter and summer olympics, and where?``

I love to tell people where I am from and how different it is there and how there usually is a lot of snow. I like the attention, because no one here has ever seen snow. Hahah just think, being 50 and never having seen snow!! But on Wednesday I got braces!! She said that i was really good I got them because my molars in the back of my mouth have been slowly grinding down and now they are significantly smaller than they should. This is because the bottom row of teeth shifted to the right, causing a rubbing in the back every time I closed my mouth. So, thanks again!! In 5 years I wouldn´t have had teeth!! hahaha. But they hurt really bad, and its hard to understand all these words they are using in the dentist office cuz I have no idea about this vocabulary!!

I have recently started to buy every kind of weird fruit that I see for sale. I have bought many types of fruits. I really like one called lichia. Its a little red fruit with a bright white inside. But there is no one on earth that knows and has tasted every fruit in brazil. Its impossible. There are thousands. A cultural favorite is called JACA. Its HUGE!! Look it up on google. But it is fun to try out all the different kinds.

Thursday, it rained a lot, finally. I slept well that night. We are still working with that family Sérgio. They are a lot of work, but I hope I can help them to be baptized. We´ll see.

Friday we had interviews. They went well, they are really short with President Fernandes. But thats OK, he told me that if he spent 30 minutes with each missionary, it would take a month to do them all!! We also worked outside of our area for friday and saturday, in the downtown of Itajaí, Blumenau, and Brusque. It was a lot of traveling, but we helped them finish their baptisms. There were 5 in our zone. Saturday I was on the bus all day. Its kind of cool when two young kids in suits travel all over the place, it makes me feel cool haha.

I have noticed that the Lord can help strengthen our testimony through little coincidences that he puts in our path. The most recent one I can think of is that one day we knocked on a door and al we said was ``we are from far away and have come to share a message`` (I dunno if I was just lazy to say more or what, but thats what we said!!) and she invited us in and she had been progressing a lot. She told us that she had marked a visit with another church at the exact same time that we showed up to her house, and the other church didn´t show up. Just a little coincidence that helped me strengthen my testimony that God is in control!

I will go to Floripa tomorrow and a bunch of doctors will watch my companion sleep and will probe his brain and stuff haha, its gonna be cool. His Dad has a disease that has been studied all over the world and no one knows what he has. Its like that model that got lasek eye surgery or something and can only walk backwards now. Haha its on youtube, look it up. But they are worried my comp will develop the same disease, so they are going to do extensive tests on him, because he has seizures every once and a while.

Thats all I did this week. OOOO and we got microwaves!!!

Can you send me a recipe to make oatmeal?? I am dying to make it and there is a fruit market next to my house that is the cheapest thing in the world. 5 mangoes are 50 cents!!

Love you!! -

No comments:

Post a Comment