Tuesday, April 3, 2012

March 26, 2012

Hi:

So this week we have done a exams and MRIs and stuff and it was way fun cuz there was a TV showing a bunch of crazy sports and stuff. Look up SHOTOVER JET, and tell me where it is and how much it is, I want to do it SOO bad!!

Tuesday we got a call and were told that there was an emergency transfer in our zone, so we organized everything.

On Wednesday we were interviewed on NATIONAL TV! A channel called TV cultura! It was about how us as americans learn portuguese so fast!! I don´t know when it is going to be on, but I will let you know the website when I find out. It was really cool though. On Wednesday I also came across hot cereal. I didn´t know it existed in Brazil!! I make it every morning now. Also that night we had a really good lesson with one of our families that are progressing about the plan of salvation.

How is Kevin in California?? I was thinkin about him the other day.. I hope he is doin well. ON Thursday we did a lot of contacts and found no one, it sucked. But thats OK. My english class is going well, we have like 10 people per class now!

Friday was the best day of the week. We had the baptism of the kid that cut his hair when we told him to. But, our baptismal font has been clogged forever, so we always go the center of Itajaí to baptize. But, when we got there, the font was clogged too!! So, we thought a little bit, and I thought, ``wow, we are 5 minutes from the beach!! we could baptize there!!`` So, we called our mission prez to get permission, but he said absolutely no. So, we created an alternate plan. We went to a member´s house that lives nearby the chapel and baptized him in their pool!! It was the most water I have been in since I left home! It was really cool cuz it was in the house of a family with only one person being a member of the church. They watched it and liked it!

It is starting to be bearably hot at night now, its great. I think I will think that it is really cold when I get home. I miss the cold so bad, sometimes I put my head in the freezer just to try and remember what Utah air is like.

On Saturday we taught a family that I have been teaching for 5 months, the time that I have been in this area. He is certain he wants to be baptized, but he doesn´t want to yet cuz he is doing school. Its tough, I have taught him EVERYTHING I know. He just thinks it will be too much for him!! I tell him that it won´t, but he doesn´t believe me. We will visit him when you come to Brazil. His name is Marcello. He is married and has 2 kids. Saturday night the bishop called me and asked if I could give a 15 minute talk in sacrament meeting. It was little time to prepare, but I got it done. Everyone said they liked my talk.

I played basketball today and I was so terrible, it has been almost a year since I have played!! It felt SOO good though, I was dying without playing.

We have some times when money is tight, but we are always OK. We don´t use the bus, we walk. I think I will be transfered, but transfers aren´t until april 17. I will be with another zone leader, assuming I will still be a zone leader.

I think thats all I want in the package. Maybe a couple more garment tops??

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment