Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012

Hello:

I fell deathly ill on Tuesday with a terrible flu with the worst aches and chills ever. But, on Wednesday I was a little better, so we did a million contacts, and cleaned the baptismal font in our chapel, which has been clogged for 6 months. We had a baptism in that font, and the next day we took out ALL the water with buckets. I tried to syphon it, but the hose I found was full of holes. hahaaha my comp sat outside for 30 minutes just sucking his lungs out trying to get the water to come haha.

On Thursday we had zone conference in Joinville, which is a HUGE but way cool city. Zone conference is when 3 zones get together and have a message given by the president. It was really good, and it was nice to sit in a cool chapel, seeing as I was still a lil bit sick.

Friday we had the best lesson ever. I don´t know if I have ever told you about a guy named Marcello, but I have been teaching him for 6 months. He knows more doctrine about the church that our bishop I think, but I could never get him to commit to a date. He always said that work and school would distract him from being a good member in the church and that he needed to wait until he graduated. We had been praying a bunch for a miracle with him. Me in particular because I really wanted to see his baptism. And, seeing as transfers are coming up and that I will probably be transferred, it had to be this saturday. We went to his house on saturday, and after leaving a message, he looked at me and said ``I lost my job, lets mark my baptism.`` We marked it for this Saturday!! I think it was God that fired him hehe. It was a miraCLE!! Now I get to see my work all the way through!!

Sunday he went to church and brought his whole family. It was really special. Sunday night we visited one of my favorite recent converts and they looked Dad up on google and founda bunch of pictures and articles on him!! One member said that she thought that he looks like brad pitt hahaha.

Sorry the week went fast I didn´t take notes on what to write.


Thats it, happy Easter!! I love you!!

Elder Baker

P.S. Look at this cat I saw on the road!! Poor guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment