Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 15, 2011

Tudo bom?
HAPPY DIA DOS PAIS DAD!!
Hello everyone, my area for the next two weeks is called Serraria, and it is a hole. It only has favelas and drug dealers. But, At least it is only for 2 weeks!
So last week I packed my bags up and said goodbye to all my favorite people in Tijucas. I feel bad for them cuz the missionary that took my place there is another ``gringo`` (its the same in spanish right dad?) and he doesn´t speak any portuguese. The next day I sat around the office ALL day with my first comp M. Santos and Presidente Fernandez. He is so short haha. But it was a very relaxed day, something I am not accustomed to anymore. The next day, I sat around all day AGAIN. I did some random crap around the office but not really. We headed to Serraria early next morning, which is on the continent across the water from the island. Pretty close to Tijucas. I only get to travel around the East of the mission. And only areas that are having trouble. But, this place is such a whole! You might be shocked, but I would rather live in Baton Rouge!! I don´t think I have compared anything to Baton Rouge that was worse than Baton Rouge until now. Its such a pit here! There is just like 50 members and the chapel is a rented out house. Its so weird to see these places that don´t have a chapel or very many worthy Melkesidek Priesthood holders. I have soo much junk in the suitcases! I think I might start sending some of it home. I use the little one that I got in Baton Rouge to travel around in. Its hard to live out of a suitcase and not have your own personal place. I study at the dinner table haha.

it is sooo much better to live with 4 missionaries. Its so much more fun at night and in the morning when we are at home!
I got the conversion story from grandma!! Tell her thank you so much and I loved it! It was written like a novel, I can tell she spent a lot of time on it! I wrote her a letter too, did she not get it?? I sent it to the address you wrote in my address book 10 months ago. If not, tell me and I will write her again. She included some things that I had no idea about!! She saaid she was Miss Germany and Miss California? And I didn´t know grandpa Richard was a surfer? And that he played semi pro baseball???? Is all this true?? Oh, and she said that grandpa was a 70? Is that true!?
So I have been fatally ill this past week. It was sooooooo cold whenI got to Serraria and the missionaries were supposed to have blankets but they didn´t so I used a towel-like cloth the first night and got way sick. My sinuses are filled to the mex and it sucks cuz now its way hot. The stupid weather is bipolar. But right now it is raining and when I left Tijucas it was raining. It was pretty much flooded when I left!!
No my comp isn´t my first comp, its Elder Luciann Gustavo Cícero Cavalcante de Athayde. His name is ridiculous! and he is a really good guy. He is a lot like my first comp.
Well thats all for this week, I will basically get my package right when it gets here cuz I go to floripa a lot.
Love you all!!
Dad, desculpa que eu não mandei uma carta especial pra você pra Dia Dos Pais, más eu não tinha tempo nenhum! A semana passada foi muito agitado. Essa área tem bastante morro and meus pernas estão doendo demais!! Mas eu te-amo e eu sempre tenho muito saudade de você. Sou muito grato por seu exemplo que é quaise perfeito!! Foi perfeito na minha causa. Você é o melhor Pai que eu conhecie.
Love ELDER BAKER

No comments:

Post a Comment