Tuesday, August 9, 2011


June 27, 2011

Hey everyone!

So you say that it is getting really warm there? Well here it is getting really, really cold! Its so weird! I am glad though, I hate the hot weather.
I was wondering a lot about how the Schofield family came into contact with the church. It had to be pretty close to when it was re-organized right? I am assuming that early Schofield´s were pioneers cuz they lived in Spring City, which is a pioneer city right? Let me know. Maybe in the next package you can send a family tree or somethin. Also, did you get to send off that story about grandpa richard and my priesthood line of authority? If not, thats ok, just send it when you have time.
Oh yea, I got my birthday package!! Thanks for the pop-tarts Linds, I already ate them, and Katie the candy won´t last long and I loved all the pictures you all put in - oliver is really cute and some of the pictures were so hilarious of him! Olivia Carson and Charlotte are getting so big. The journal is really cool and I can´t wait to use it, the iPod charger works and now I get to listen to the awesome music Linds put on there (thanks Linds) the flashdrive is huge! I love the real salt lake shirt, now the stupid brazilians won´t make fun of me for not having a soccer shirt, I am excited to rep my team! I eat peanut butter toast everyday. Luckily my companion doesn´t like peanut butter.
Speaking of my companion, I got a new one. My old comp, whom I had a great time with and is my good friend, Joseilto Magalhães Dos Santos, was called to be assistant. We didn´t know until we got to the transfer meeting, which sucked cuz he didn´nt bring his bags. It was really hectic but it finally worked out. We got to say bye to thge president and his wife and give them hugs. The new president is apparently really short. Thats all anyone really knows about him. I got a new comp, Elder Distádio from São Paulo. He is 5´4´´ and 23 years old and has mr. Magoo glasses, but he is really funny and a hard worker so I am enjoying time with him as well. The end of this transfer will be August 10. I will map it all out and tell you all the transfer dates until I get home. Oh by the way, my comp and I have the same time out on the mission. 9 Months. He told me that we will be going hom on the 20th of September. In Brazil you usually get sent hom 1 or 2 weeks early cuz of legal reasons. So I have less than 15 months to go now!!
Nothin really new goin on here in Tijucas, just gettin really cold. There is a river that runs down the middle (a big river) and it almost flooded cuz it rained so much yesterday. We now have no potentials because me and my elder M. Santos worked so hard to marry 2 couples and to get them baptized we didn´t have time to find more people. So we are doing a lot of finding now. The english class is still going and I teach it alone now, so that tells you a little bit about my Portuguese. I can get the message past them now at least! Still lots of times though I don´t understand and just nod my head and say yea. It works out!

I am glad that you decided to come pick me up. If you need to you can use my b day money to buy tickets. Haha I don´t think that will even make a dent in the price but you can. It´ll be fun. I some pics of the kids in the front of my planner - the one of Lottie with cake on her face is really funny. She is so cute.
Thats all I have got for this week, Mom and Dad, get some sleep, you sounded tired!!
Love Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment